Research + Resources
POV on Leadership Chart
This trusted chart is the ultimate cheat-sheet on understanding generational differences in the workplace. If you’ve seen Dr. Mary speak, you’ll know this is one of the most important takeaways you may ever receive at a conference.
Generational Teams Quiz
Academic References & Journals
- The Workplace Evolution: Harvard Business Review – Featuring Dr. Mary Donohue
- Ethical Enterprise Planning: Embedding the Drucker Dialectic in Marketing Strategy – Alliance Journal of Business Research – Dr. Mary Donohue
- Achor, S. (2012, January). Positive Intelligence . Harvard Business Review , 90(1/2), 100-102.
- Attraction and retention challenges plague U.S. employers, Willis Towers Watson surveys find. (2016, September 14). Retrieved October 02, 16, from Tauber, T. (n.d.). The dirty little secret of online learning: students are bored and dropping out. Retrieved March 21, 2013, from https://qz.com/65408/the-dirty-little-secret-of-online-learning-students-are-bored-and-dropping-out/
- Buckley, P. Dr. , Viechnicki, P., Dr., & Baruahttp, A. (n.d.). A New Understanding of Millennials: Generational Differences Reexamined. Retrieved December 06, 2016, from https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/About-Deloitte/gx-millenial-survey-2016-exec-summary.pdf
- De Grip, A. and Sauermann, J. (2012), The Effects of Training on Own and Co-worker Productivity: Evidence from a Field Experiment. The Economic Journal, 122: 376–399. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02500.xDonohue, M. (2009). The effect of mentoring on mid-level leaders. Mt. Pleasant, MI: Central Michigan University.
- Dearden, L., Reed, H. and Van Reenen, J. (2006), The Impact of Training on Productivity and Wages: Evidence from British Panel Data. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 68: 397–421. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2006.00170.x
- Donohue, M, Carter, E. & Jensen, M. (2010). Whole person and mentoring. Proceedings of the MEA 2010 conference (pp. 64). Seattle, WA: MEA Conference.Frye, Northrop (1963). The educatedimagination. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.
- Engaging and Empowering Millennials: A follow-up to PwC’s NextGen global generational study. (2014). Retrieved January 02, 17, from https://www. pwc.com/gx/en/hr-management- services/publications/assets/pwc- engaging- and-empowering- millennials.pdf
- Hatch, J. A. (2002). Doing qualitative research in education settings. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- Howe, N, & Strauss, W. (2000). Millennials rising: The next great generation. New York, NY: Random House Inc.
- HR & Millennials: Insights Into Your New Human Capital. (2016, November). Retrieved January 03, 2017, from https://www.hrpa.ca/Documents/Public/Thought-Leadership/HRPA-Millennials-Report-20161122.pdf
- Ignatius, A. (2016, November). What CEOs Really Worry About . Harvard Business Review , 94(2016), 52-57.
- Levy, F., & Cannon, C. (2016, February 9). The Bloomberg Job Skills Report 2016: What Recruiters Want. Retrieved April 04, 2016, from http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-job-skills-report/
- Morse, G. (2012, January). The Science Behind the Smile . The Science Behind The Smile , 90(1/2), 85-90.
- New Strategist Editors, Initials. (Ed.). (2004). The millennials: Americans born 1977 to 1994. Ithaca, NY: New Strategist Publications Inc.
- Sandberg, S. (2013). Lean in: Women, work, and the will to lead (First edition.). New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Smith, C. (1999). The effects of corporate culture on mentoring relationships. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation . New York University School of Social Work, New Work.
- Springer, Gary Jon. 2011. A Study Of Job Motivation, Satisfaction, And Performance Among Bank Employees. Journal of Global Business Issues. 5(1), pp: 29-42
- Spritzer, G., & Portal, C. (2012, January). Creating Sustainable Performance. Harvard Business Review , 90(1/2), 93-99.
- Statistics Canada . (2006). Demographics.. Ottawa: Government of Canada.
- Tauber, T. (n.d.). The dirty little secret of online learning: students are bored and dropping out. Retrieved March 21, 2013, from https://qz.com/65408/the-dirty-little-secret-of-online-learning-students-are-bored-and-dropping-out/
- The Bloomberg Recruiter Report: Job Skills Companies Want But Can’t Get. (2-15, February). Retrieved June 6, 23, from http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-job-skills-report/
- Winograd, M. & Hais, M. (2008). Millennial makeover: MySpace, YouTube, and the future of American politics. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers Press.
- Zax, D. (2010, October 14). For millennials, brands may be as important as religion, ethnicity. Retrieved from http://www.fastcompany.com/1695062/brands-and-millenials-a-deep-connection